So I’m here wondering if people still read my blog. I’ve been gone for too long. *facepalm* But I’ll be back, I promise. I’m just doing so much right now. Way too much.
Anyways, I came out of my cave to share something with you guys.
Bedouin, a Lagos-based Creative Media Firm is on a mission to put an end to open defecation in Nigeria through its “Shit With Sense” campaign.
Open defecation puts people at risk of contracting quite a number of diseases, which often lead to deaths. For instance, in 2013, over 340,000 children under 5 years died from diarrhoea resulting from lack of safe water, sanitation and basic hygiene.
The aim is to improve the toilet and sanitary conditions of the average Nigerian.
You can join in this campaign by spreading the word as much as you can, as far as you can and as fast as you can, for a worthy cause. But there’s also something in it for you as well. You can stand a chance to win some gift items by taking the following steps:
- Follow @bedouinnation and @shitwithsense on twitter or @swslagos and @bedouinnation on Instagram.
- Write a funny short story in your notes on your phone that you think will help pass the message #ShitWithSense. Or create a funny short video with the message.
- Take a screenshot(s) and tweet the photo(s) at both handles with the hashtag #ShitWithSense or upload the video on Instagram with the hashtag #ShitWithSense and tag us as well.
- Get your friends to retweet you on twitter or like your video on instagram
- The funniest story and video with the highest retweets/reposts and likes gets a prize.
From Thursday, 19th November, World Toilet Day to Thursday, 3rd December, this contest will be on. You’ve got two weeks to gather your votes and the winners will be announced on Friday the 4th of December. So hurry! Start writing, start recording and start sharing. Don’t forget to include the hashtag #ShitWithSense and be sure to keep tweeting at us! Good luck!
So get on it guys. Help spread the word about toilet sanitary conditions and win some prizes along the way.
And please bear with me until I return to the blog.