When it comes to friendships, somehow I have been blessed with the best. I am privileged to be surrounded by people who often cause me to pause and wonder what special thing I did to deserve them. Yet most times, I draw blanks.
I ‘met’ Eloho on Twitter (@eloxie) through a Bible Study group in 2013 and somehow we just clicked. Beyond the group, Eloho checked in with me personally, following my non-fiction writing on my blog and consistently leaving encouraging comments behind.
Then one day she said to me “enlarge your tents, expand your territory.” And like a woman on a mission, I stretched the scope of my writing and wrote my very first fiction series on the blog. It did pretty well and Eloho was my number one cheerleader, always in my corner, drowning me in her relentless love and support.
Eloho is very easy to relate with and it didn’t too long for her to become a part of my inner circle. I remember hearing her voice over the phone for the first time when I lost my cousin. She called to share some love and strength with me and I was amazed by her voice. It was nothing like I had expected. Lol. And then a few months later, I finally met her in person and again I was taken by surprise. Hehe.
Eloho’s faith and unapologetic love for Jesus is awe-inspiring, her tweets give me life, her smile makes me hope and her words- always relevant in season, her words are a major source of encouragement to me. Eloho’s faith which she expresses through her relentless and selfless love is one of the most tangible and practical things I have ever seen. It is something I greatly aspire to.
Eloho is gold in its purest form and I would not forgive myself if I fail to let the whole world know that.
So people of the yougeecash community, I present to you, Eloho Onwah
- Daughter of the Most High God
- Angel amongst mortals
- Support system 10.0
- Woman of virtue
- Trusted ally
- Fountain of wisdom
- Well of truth (To be honest, I love how she never sugar-coats truth. You mess up, she gives it to you straight up. Hehe)
And for you Eloho, here’s my list of “thank-yous” for all that you are and all that you do.
- Thank you for all the big lessons and the little ones too. The latest being that you don’t use “tad” and “bit” in the same sentence because they pretty much mean the same thing. Lol!
- Thank you for all the rides in your car and the easy conversations that always inspire something in me.
- Thank you for the many lunches and the ice cream and muffin and pizza. (Looking forward to more of those when I get back. Lol!)
- Thank you for all the times you came through for me without asking many questions.
- Thank you for your missive which I read often and draw strength from.
- Thank you for your faith and confidence in me that constantly reassure me of just how much I can do.
- Thank you for constantly challenging and encouraging me to do and be better.
- Thank you for guiding me through slippery slopes you probably weren’t even aware I was walking.
- Thank you for your consistency. It matters to me that you have always been there for me whenever I needed you.
- Above all, thank you dearest Eloho for making me a truly wealthy person via the gift of your friendship.
Should you ever doubt for a second how much of an incredible gift you are to the world, I want you to always come back here and read this. Because this is my testimony to the world of my encounter with gold in its purest form. And I know I’m not the only one 🙂
I love you dear sister, always, forever and a day more.